He is recognized as one of Canada’s leading entertainment lawyers in the Canadian LEXPERT Directory, Who’s Who Legal: Canada (Sports & Entertainment) and The Best Lawyers in Canada.
Kyle has practiced exclusively in entertainment law since 2003. Prior to co-founding Chandler Fogden Aldous, Kyle practiced film and television law with Roberts & Stahl in Vancouver, and music law with Shukat Arrow Hafer Weber & Herbsman in New York.
Kyle has acted as production counsel on a wide variety of television and film productions, including:
- scripted television series (You Me Her, Loudermilk, Motive)
- unscripted and documentary television series (The Oland Murder, High Arctic Haulers, Paramedics: Life on the Line, Keeping Canada Alive, Real Housewives of Toronto & Vancouver, Bachelor Canada, Border Security)
- feature motion pictures (The Intruder, Killing Gunther, Brain on Fire, Texas Chainsaw 3D)
- television motion pictures (Marrying Father Christmas, The Hunters, Love in Paradise, Nine Lives of Christmas, When Sparks Fly)
- new media productions (Peter & Bobby Farrelly’s The Now, Neill Blomkamp’s Oats Studios)
Kyle has been an instructor of Entertainment Law for the UBC Department of Continuing Studies, and a panelist at industry events presented by FactualWEST, DOC BC (Documentary Organization of Canada) and the Canadian Media Production Association.
Education: University of British Columbia, LL.B. (2002)
Bar Admissions: British Columbia (2003) & New York (2005)